by Elissa Longfellow ’16
Megan (Foster) Fielden ’10 works on an interior design project.

After wondering whether or not she could find a job that was in her field, Megan (Foster) Fielden, ’10 housing and design, is living her dream in Knoxville.

“Every single day I get to create and imagine and put my skill to work. It doesn’t feel like a job!” said Fielden.

Megan works for Laws Interior Design, as well as Charles Atkins, Inc., a custom homebuilder. In 2016, one of her homes was featured in the Knoxville Parade of Homes. After assisting with the designs and furnishings the year before, she got a chance to showcase her own abilities and talents during last year’s parade. The Knoxville Parade of Homes features around 50 custom home designs across various price ranges. It is organized by the Home Builders Association of Knoxville.

Megan said that her professors demonstrated so much passion, devotion and commitment to their students; they pushed them to do their very best.

“While I was at Tech, Dr. Jeff Plant was my professor and advisor. He was so passionate about everything he taught. He really encouraged all his students to work hard and always had great advice,” said Fielden. “Another professor I will always remember is Dr. Lizbeth Self-Mullens. She pushed us to do our very best and was tough, but also felt like a best friend.”

She credits them with creating the family atmosphere she found at Tech that helped her stick with her career.

Previous articleCruise conductor
Next articleAlison Piepmeier inspired many people throughout her life