Deadline for submission is noon each day. In order for Tech Times staff to review your submission, all submissions must be in by noon for consideration to run in the following day’s email. For example, if you want your submission to be in the email Wednesday morning, you must have it submitted to Tech Times by noon Tuesday.
Here are some other things you should know about submitting to Tech Times:
- Write a unique title; if you have a monthly event, you need to differentiate each in the titles. Instead of “Come to the next Firefly Club meeting,” use “Firefly Club meets Nov. 5.” Duplicate titles will result in your post being automatically rejected
- Make sure to include a way for readers to contact someone for more details.
- Include any online links related to your event or program
- Don’t submit multiple posts about the same event
- Submit posts before noon
- For events, make sure you have the following in your post:
- Name of sponsoring/hosting organization
- Date and Time
Submitting images to Tech Times
- Use a good, quality image at least 500 pixels wide (optimum size is 1200 pixels wide by 800 pixels high, at 72 dpi)
- Images should be something to draw the reader to your post (like a photo or graphic), not all of the information about an event or program (i.e., a flyer or poster).
- Enter the text from flyers (sponsoring organization, time, date, location, description) in the text of the post to aid readers with vision problems. Submissions not meeting this requirement will be returned for resubmission.
If you submit items to Tech Times, please become familiar with the guidelines, especially the sections about proper images and editorial style. Each and every post gets reviewed and edited to these standards, so following the guidelines helps your post be published at www.tntech.edu/techtimes faster.
If you have any questions about the guidelines, please contact Dewayne Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.