In order to facilitate the installation of new electrical service in the Roaden University Center, a potentially week-long outage will begin on Sunday, July 1. This is in addition to the short-term outages scheduled on June 16 and 23.
The university has worked to schedule this outage so it would have the least impact on campus, settling on the July 4th holiday week.
Beginning Sunday, July 1, the building will be without power, with service expected to be restored no later than Monday, July 9.
During the outage, faculty, staff and students will not have access to the building, and offices housed in the RUC will be temporarily relocated to other campus locations.
- Career Development will be in the Facilities conference room.
- University Service Center will operate out of the Food Pantry in Tech Village
- The Office of Student Affairs will be in the Fitness Center
- Counseling Services will be at the J.J. Oakley Health Services
- Communications and Marketing will by in Derryberry Hall 300
- The Department of Communication (Eagle/Oracle/WTTU) will be closed Monday and Tuesday, and will be open and located in Henderson Hall 102B Thursday
- Multicultural Affairs will be located in the Volpe Library
- Athletics student welfare office will be located in the East Stadium
- The Eagle Card office will be closed
- Disability Services will be in Foundation Hall 221
- Dean of Students will be in the University Police conference room, located in Foundation Hall
Campus dining services will serve breakfast and dinner in The Perch to accommodate students with meal plans and the campus community. For lunch, the Birdfeeder will provide free food to those students, faculty and staff on campus. The free lunch will include a main item, side and drink.
Additional seating for those wishing to dine at the Birdfeeder will also be provided on Centennial Plaza.
Bookstore & Mail Services
The university bookstore will be closed during this time as well, with online orders still being accepted. Awesome Mail and Print will be closed during this week. However, mail deliveries to departments will continue. However, student packages will be held until the building is reopened.
Thank you for your patience.