You know it’s time to graduate Tech if…

1. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when ResNet was your ONLY option in the dorms, and it had to be used with an Ethernet cable. Oh, and there would be days without Internet. (Luckily this has changed!)

giphy

Photo Courtesy of Giphy

2. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when South patio was around.       Nursing_Class_12FEB14..

and now it looks close to this…

TheOracle

But it will some day look like this?

TTU

Photo Courtesy of Tennessee Tech and The Oracle

3. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when Swoops used to be “The Grille.”

…. and we had various restaurants take up the space where Chick Fil A is now, such as: a salad bar, Yan Can Cook,  and Bonta something? We had it all. Oh, and does any one remember Mondo’s Subs?

Photo Courtesy of Kimmy

4. Let me reiterate, we had No Chick-fil-A or Which Wich. My goodness! How did we survive until now?

87nOov0nIU52qVUgOoqf849IcxDDgjP1yB1-7LzgcE7-dVQdtGpM1_Y_5vRo9CpU6z-X9w=w1172-h538

Photo Courtesy of Kimmy

5. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when there was a TTU Market downstairs … AND it sold Coca-Cola.

4lFdlEN

Photo Courtesy of Imugr

6. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when we used to have unlimited printing.

Cathumor

and you had to fight off other people to get your papers before they were stuck in a hundred pile stack.

Photo Courtesy of Cat Humor

7. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when we used to wait in line every TAB Tuesday for something free.

385626_10150626292053506_909232689_n

Oh, ya know, just a regular Tuesday dead hour reaping.

Photo Courtesy of Kimmy

8.You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when homecoming representatives were allowed to chase you down with cupcakes and iPads to get you to vote for them. 

Tumblr

Photo Courtesy of Tumblr

9.You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when the Eagle used to be on top of Derryberry ***If you’re out there reading this Mr. Eagle – come back home please, we miss you!

TTUUU

Photo Courtesy of Tennessee Tech

10. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when the clock tower would buzz loudly for 30 seconds before sounding the bells. Embarrassing. 

Wordpress

Photo Courtesy of WordPress

11. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if  your commencement shirt read, “Tech is Good,” on the back.

coin logo

Photo Courtesy of Life is Good

12. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when our football team won the OVC championship (2011).

Imugr

Photo Courtesy of Imugr

13. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when Foundation Hall didn’t exist on campus.

who-are-you

Photo Courtesy of WordPress

14. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when there were green benches on the quad.

Photo Courtesy of Kimmy

15. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when President Bell was too. That was THREE years ago. 

Really-gif

Photo Courtesy of NoCookie.net

16. You know it’s time to graduate Tech if you were here when the free movies we got in the dorms were just the same movie on repeat all day.

NoCookie.net

Photo Courtesy of NoCookie.net

... If ten or more of these apply to you, then you must be nearing your graduation date with me!

4 thoughts on “You know it’s time to graduate Tech if…

1. Oh my goodness, as someone who started at Tech back in 2007, left for a few years, and is now back… these are so true!! Slightly embarrassing, but true! I was there for just about all of these – I lost it at President Bell (he was the best)! Awesome post! Love it!

2. I went to TTU from fall 2011 – spring 2013. I remember all 16 things on this blog, most of it pretty well.

I remember Res Net. Even in New Hall North it was terrible my first semester and then one day it suddenly got better and became TTU WIFI, if I remember correctly, I think at the beginning of the spring 2012 semester. Before that I had to tether my phone and get literal 3G (There was no 4G back then!) internet on my laptop (which I still use and am typing this on).

I remember South Patio, the Greek organizations would have events there from time to time. And I walked through there quite often. I think most TTU students of my era did.

As for Swoops, yes it was called The Grill near universally when I was there. Newcomers called it Swoops because that’s what was on the sign, but people learned pretty quick that it was the Grill. Anyway I remember getting like 25 wings at a time at Wing It and I LOVED Mondo Subs! At one point I got something from there every day. And there was NO Chick Fil A or Which Wich. I had no car during my time there so I only got to go to Chick Fil A a couple times, when Kappa Delta had some kind of event there in Shamrock Week.

I went to the TTU Market ALL THE TIME. I don’t know anyone who went there like I did. I knew the workers there on a first name basis and they knew me. I got lots of Slim Jims there.

The unlimited printing ended when you started having to swipe your Eagle Card, I remember the switchover.

TAB Tuesdays. Didn’t make it to too many of these but they were always crowded. A couple times I regretted not being able to make it.

Homecoming… I’m not going to lie when I say that bacon handed out played a part in swaying me to vote for the ADPI queen in 2011.

I remember the Eagle. I student worked in Derryberry for the 2011-2012 school year. I even got to see the door that led to the clock tower, but didn’t get to go in it.

That 30 second bell was annoying. It would always catch me off guard.

My orientation T shirt said “Tech is good” I thought that was cute.

I celebrated when we won the OVC championship. That was my first semester.

I first heard about Foundation Hall my second year. I went to it exactly once, my last day at TTU, May 8, 2013.

I remember the green benches, but I never used them for some reason.

I remember Dr. Bell. He was a very nice man. I even got to ride in his Avalon, that was probably one of my high points of the 585 cars I rode in during my time at TTU. We just went around campus on a beautiful, warm, sunny day. I was probably the latest born student to ride in his car. I was born Dec. 25, 1992.

Yes I remember the movie charts but never watched the movie channel. I wasn’t one to sit back and watch a movie in my dorm room. I was out and about a lot.

Sorry for being long winded, but I had to wax poetic about my days at TTU.

I went to the BCM a lot, that was probably the group I fell in with most.